Looking to work at one of the coolest brands out of beautiful Boulder, CO? View our latest openings below:
Store Manager – Mountain Standard Flagship Store
Location: Boulder, CO
About Mountain Standard:
We focus on the Standard necessities for mountain living, with subtle updates. Our products are not designed around nostalgia or alpine tradition; we are motivated by modern mountain utility as a design philosophy. Versatile product for multi-use functionality as a requirement.
Focused on clean, timeless design with just the right amount of technology and functionality.
We offer a handful of necessary products instead of a glut of mediocre ones. Standard necessities proven in Colorado - Most simply… the mountain standards.
Collectively, we believe in the simple truth that getting outside and pursuing adventure can have profound impacts on who we are, what we value, how we choose to lead our lives - awesome adventures build character. The team at Mountain Standard knows this truth first-hand and is committed to building a community that empowers the adventure ready spirit.
You might see us as new to the outdoor apparel scene, but the crew behind Mountain Standard are true veterans of outdoor product design and development. Major brands that you love and trust have relied on our expertise and product design for 20 years, and we’re using that experience to create practical pieces that are just as tough as the residents and lovers of this vast region.
The Mountain Standard Store Manager will be responsible for opening the first Mountain Standard brick & mortar store. The primary responsibilities of the Store Manager is to make sure the voice of the Mountain Standard brand is revealed with passion, knowledge and a genuine and pleasurable experience. The manager will determine and maintain staffing needs, recruit, hire, educate, and motivate a team of brand advocates who in turn inspire the customer to love the Mountain Standard brand.
They are responsible for maximizing store profitability by controlling expenses and by ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, events, operations, sustainability, and community participation are consistent and well executed.
- Brand Experience/Customer Service: Ensures excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly. Ensures that store team is engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience. Simply, get people stoked.
- Sales and Profitability: Maximizes store sales and achieves store sales goals. Measures and monitors sales progress and results against daily, monthly and weekly goals. Ensures store staff has the knowledge and skills to meet store goals.
- Supports store marketing events and grows relationships in the community to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.
- Training and Coaching Team: Provides coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer service and engagement, brand identity, product knowledge, local RIMBY knowledge and operations. Educates staff on product and assortment to enhance selling and customer engagement. Organizes and leads store staff meetings in accordance with brand expectations. Ensures store team receives relevant, timely information, coaching, and feedback that enables their success and growth.
- Operations: Creates and manages store schedules to ensure they support the needs of the business. Responsible for achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, loss prevention, and weekly reports as required.
- Visual Merchandising: Ensures the visual merchandising standards for the store are met. Implements floor-sets and merchandising directives. Communicates with corporate team regarding merchandise assortment, trends, and needs. Responsible for ensuring that the store’s inventory is maintained and communicating with the 3rd party shipment facility when product is needed.
- Creates and develops a high-performing team of customer focused associates. Responsible for communication and delivery of rewards and recognition programs for the store team. Addresses performance issues and administers progressive discipline when appropriate. Ensures on-going specific and immediate feedback are provided to the team. Maintains the Open Door Policy.
- Years of Professional Experience: 2-5
- Outdoor vibe, product / industry knowledge, local activity knowledge
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results
- Adventure ready spirit – just plain geeked to be working here
- Regularly interacts with the public and surrounding community
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to build, lead, and manage high performing team
- Excellent decision making ability in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet performance expectations
- Detail orientated and excellent organization skills
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
- Proven ability of a high level of customer service in a retail environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
- The ability to multitask
- An awesome attitude! Power on compadre!
How to apply:
Send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com